Friday 12 February 2016

HOW TO BE SUCCESSFUL

What it takes to be successful
When at first you don’t succeed; it is not the end of the world, try again. It is always necessary to always look back and see where you went wrong. You won’t always get it right but it’s up to you, to keep on pushing until you get it right. Most young people do not get it right at first because they do not really understand what the environment needs, they fail to adapt. Therefore, know the type of person you are. Are you a fish? Are you a lion or maybe an Engle? All these animals are strong in their habitats. Knowing yourself is key to success. When you know yourself, you will avoid anything which might hurt or harm you, but if you do not know yourself, you will put yourself in a difficult situation.

Know yourself
Do a self-SWOT-analysis, which will help you get an in-depth analysis of yourself, you will know your strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats. Once you know that, it will become pretty easy to know what you should do in order to achieve whatever you want to achieve in life and be successful.  All that follows will be just life because in life nothing comes easy, you need to work hard to get whatever you desire. When it rains you will get wet, but when it rains and you have an umbrella you won’t get wet. You need to plan and be ready for anything in life, you need to take control of your life and start doing what you have always dreamed of being. I once saw a status on Facebook which read, ‘I choose to hustle non-stop than to watch other people hustle in front of me. Hustling is never easy, but it's worth it at the end of the day. We all have our daily hustles and my hustle is to work hard until I reach a point where I no longer apply for a job but to be begged to work for a particular company. My long time hustle is to have my own company.’’ Plan and do what you have to do.

Open doors for yourself and try new things
If I was Bill Gates I wouldn’t knock at your house and give you a million dollar. Instead, I would wait for you to come knock on my door, then maybe I might give it to you. Get up, and do what’s best for your future. Let me take you back to January 2014, it was early in the year I went to a camp, were one motivational speaker spoke to us and he said, “I will give anyone of you this money, only if you show me you really want it. So who wants this money, he asked?” to my surprise, everyone in that conference room raised their hands, even myself included, I raised my hand shouting, “I want that money”. At the end of the day, no one got the money, not because we did not want the money but because we did not convince the motivational speaker that we wanted the money. He then gave a reason why he did not give anyone the money, “I would have given this money to anyone but no one stood up and came to take it, if you really wanted it, you would have run down to the stage and took it yourself, without me having to select.” So I say to you who is reading this; Ask yourself these questions: What are you doing which is different to the next person? Are you also raising your hand when others are raising theirs? The problem about the youth of today, we sit and wait for things to happen. We tend to go for the same thing, yet there are a lot of opportunities out there. Be different, we are all different and unique! Never give up, never blame someone, never think you can’t make it in life, and most importantly seek for help if you must. No one is perfect, no one will ever be perfect but we can always improve from good to best.
I was reading a book by DJ SBU, the name of the book was; LEADERSHIP 2020, I came across a sentence which read, ‘be committed to work’’ then I thought to myself when you committed to anything it will blossom! If you are committed to your girlfriend or boyfriend, he/she will also be committed to you.so whatever you do, stay committed to things that will make your dreams come true. And I also came across an interesting passage which read as followed, “Do everything you can on your own before asking anyone for help.” People love to help those who have helped themselves. If you want someone to invest in you then you must first invest in yourself.’’ Invest in knowing yourself and that can only be done by using SWOT-analysis.

‘I BELIEVE IN MYSELF SO BELIEVE IN YOURSELF AS WELL’ wake up and start chasing your dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment